Fri, Feb 16|
Balance out your surfing with workouts tailored to improving your skills in the water with mobility, strength, endurance, and breath work.
Time & Location
Feb 16, 2024, 6:00 PM – Feb 18, 2024, 1:00 PM
Motivity Fit, 8775 Aero Dr unit 136, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
About the event
Learn how to improve your surfing with mobility, strength, endurance, and breathwork in this weekend workshop.
Here's what to expect:
DAY 1: February 16th, 6pm-8pm
- Beginning with a 30-minute mobility session with Sana, followed by a 35-minute circuit training class with me (Bia), and ending with a 30-minute breathwork session with Rockie. This evening session (option to join via Google meet online) will be to meet the instructors and the community, and to get an overview of the moves we will be focusing on to fine tune your pop-up, paddling, and mindset in the water.
DAY 2: February 17th, 9am-4pm
- Start the day by learning the mobility moves needed to fine-tune your pop-up: the backbone of your surfing. Perfecting your pop up requires upper and lower body mobility to master proper knee drive, correct weight shifting, and a strong athletic stance all to be addressed within surf-specific instruction by Sana.
- Many women report facing anxiety in the water whether because of wave size, or the fear of wiping out. This is where breathwork comes in! Breathing is important in the water, but also will help immensely to correct our mindsets in tough situations. Saturday will focus on learning deep breathing practices to deregulate the nervous system - be prepared to open your mind and heart to this relaxing practice that will boost your confidence and skills in the water.
- Lunch break. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided. Feel free to bring what you might need.
- Question sesh.
- After your quick bite, Bia will introduce strength training. Saturday’s session will consist of technique and form focused to ensure you have a solid foundation for the exercises essential to strengthen your surfing. We will be teaching the proper explosive movements and lower body strength for a better pop up, upper body endurance for paddling, and of course, core strength for balance!
- We will wrap Saturday up with one more breathwork session to leave you feeling relaxed and ready for Sunday!
DAY 3: February 18th, 9am-1pm
- Sunday3 will begin by putting everything from the strength training technique session together in an intense workout to get you out of your comfort zone with movements you may not be accustomed to performing yet. This will teach you how to become proficient in these movements and know when you pushed yourself hard enough to continue making progress safely.
- Paddling is the most important part of surfing and we can always work at getting better at it! This part of the workshop will focus on refining your mobility in the neck, back, and shoulders to optimize your paddling form to catch waves more effortlessly and efficiently.
- To end the day, we will have one final breathwork session with Rockie to solidify the breathing techniques taught.